Sunday, November 9, 2008

PB2 Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies

A friend of mine sent me a pretty cool website the other day, Desserts Magazine: For people who eat desserts first!. I found a recipe for Flour less Peanut Butter Cookies, and thought I could modify to meet my lifestyle food choices. Now, once again, I could make or eat this everyday, but it was nice for a treat. Most of the time we make new food recipes, we usually take them to my in-laws. This way, they are not in our house tempting us!

These were pretty good, though a little bit dry and crumbly. I just might add a little liquid next time!

Hope you enjoy!


INGREDIENTS
1 cup PB2 prepared peanut butter
¾ cup granulated Splenda
1 large egg, slightly beaten
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¾ cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
½ cup roasted pecan halves

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottoms of two 12-by-18-inch sheet pans with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, stir the peanut butter, sugar, egg, baking soda and kosher salt until combined. Stir in the chocolate and peanuts.

Using a small, greased ice cream scoop, measure out the dough in teaspoon sized balls. Place the dough on the prepared pans, spacing them 2 inches apart.

Bake on the middle shelves of the oven, rotating the pans 180 degrees halfway through the baking time, until lightly golden and spread to a puffy mound, about 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool completely on the pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to week. Yields: 24 cookies

4 comments:

melinda November 9, 2008 at 6:25 AM  

These look great! I might have to give this a whirl.

Twisted Cinderella December 2, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

Thanks for you comment on my blog! I am glad you liked it and feel free to share any information you like!

Leisa Nan December 19, 2008 at 7:49 AM  

Where can you find these sf chocolate chips? It seems like so much of our needed stuff is only available online for ordering, I sure wish there was somewhere I could go and shop and look at more SF stuff.

me January 22, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

To avoid the crumbles, I add some vanilla and it does give it a little added flavor as well....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Good Eats ! Recipe Blogs

Photo Blogs That I Read

Local Photographers

Lightroom Blogs

Peeps!

Here I is on Crack Book!

Photoshop Blogs

Photo Sites

Holy goose eggs Batman! Look at those numbers!

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP